banner-comment

Comment

Response from the author

Nirmalangshu Mukherji

These comments are absolutely wrong and miss the point of my piece. I never said these elite activists incite maoist violence or are linked to maoist violence in any way. Elsewhere, I have strongly condemned the harassment of some of them by the state. Right to freedom of speech and expression is supreme. One may even believe in the maoist cause, and think and say that the maoists are justified.

But people with different views on the matter also have the right to criticise and oppose such beliefs as contrary to democratic practice and interests of adivasis. This is primarily because the maoists have no political or moral case. And adivasis are the ONLY victims.

It is a matter of much concern that my democratic pro-adivasi opposition is wilfully misread. Such blinkered views by armchair intellectuals have done much harm to people's causes. The fact that Charu Majumdar is worshiped and maoists are eulogised by elite armchair intellectuals is a matter of grave concern, and needs to be opposed tooth and nail.

Oct 15, 2018

Nirmalangshu Mukherji nirmalangshu.mukherji@gmail.com

Your Comment if any